I have tried a lot of stuff over the course of life as a teenager, young adult, adult, personal trainer. I have also been a complete fool along the way, trying ‘diets’ and food fads that really do nothing other than reduce calorie intake.
Guess what – you can reduce calorie intake.
I have quite a simple way of looking at food, but sadly there are no quick fixes.
My main principles are:
- Food first. Supplements may be useful but aren’t number 1 to get your nutrients.
- Varied diet. Incorporating as many foods from different food groups as possible.
- Slow progress is better than fast weight loss.
- You should be able to make your own food plan with the knowledge I teach you.
I am a nutrition advisor and weight management consultant. I am not a certified nutritionist or dietician. If I think you need more specific help due to complex health needs, I will advocate that you see a specialist.
See https://powex.co.uk/prices for consultation prices.
Consultation includes –
- Food diary analysis
- Eating pattern analysis
- Emotional experience of eating analysis
- Education around eating and ‘diet’ culture
- Individual alterations to your existing food choices.